Registration of Building Workers As Beneficiaries
Terms and Conditions to apply
- Every building and other construction worker who has completed 18 years of age, but has not completed 60 years of age and has worked more than 90 days in any building or other construction work during the preceding 12 months and is not a member of any other welfare fund shall be eligible for registration as beneficiary under Sec.12 of the Building & Other Construction Workers' (RE&CS) Act.
- Further, migrant workmen of Meghalaya who are engaged in building or other construction works in other states may or may not be registered as beneficiaries under the Meghalaya Building & Other Construction Workers' Welfare Board by adhering to the following modalities.
- 90 days of employment will be considered adding together the period of engagement in Meghalaya as well as in other States.
- Certificate of employment may be given by any employer (including those outside the State), or any contractor registered under the BOCWWB (RE&CS) Act who has arranged for engagement of the workers outside the State, or by the Executive Officer of Municipality in which the worker ordinarily resides.
- Requirement of affidavit in Rule 265(2) of Meghalaya B&OCW(RE&CS) Rules may be replaced with declaration signed in presence of the authorities listed in the said Rules.
- Apart from this, MNREGA workers have also been brought within the fold of construction workers. While calculating the mandated 90 days of construction work in a year, the days spent in MNREGA work alongwith other construction work may be taken into account while calculating eligibility for registration of a beneficiary.
- The Deputy Labour Commissioner have been appointed as the Registering Officers for the purpose of registration of workers as beneficiaries.
- The applicant is required to submit application in Form-XXVII along with following other documents.
- Two Recent Colour Passport size photographs.
- Age proof of concerned building worker/applicant [Rule 265 (2)(ii)] which may be a School certificate duly attested or certificate from Authority of birth & death or certificate from Govt. Medical Officer (District Medical and Health Officer). Further, Voter Identity Cards can also be accepted as proof of age.
- Employment certificate e.g. Certificate of the employer or certificate of an Inspector appointed under the Act or certificate by the Registered Trade Union working for the construction workers of the area.
- Nomination Form in XXXI duly signed by the applicant. The applicant is required to mention the nominee i.e. the spouse / in case the spouse is not living, all minor children / in case there is no living spouse or minor children, parents.
- Self declaration towards non-enrolment as a member of any other welfare fund/ board.
- Photocopy of first page of bank passbook.
- S.C./S.T. Certificate(if applicable).
- The complete application along with required documents is required to be submitted before the Registering Officer of the area. The Registering Officer, after satisfying himself of all the details, may register the worker as beneficiary under the Act and issue an identity card affixing the photograph of the worker.