- The BOARD may sanction any amount of Rs. 15,000 to the nominees/dependents of a member towards death benefit, in case of death. If the death is due to an accident during the course of employment, the nominee/dependents of the member shall be given Rs. 50,000 towards death Benefit.
- Application for the Death Benefit -
A nominee who is entitled to death benefit under the rule shall submit to the Secretary or any other officer authorized by him an aplication in Form No. XL. A Certificate regarding the death death/accident death issued by Government doctor not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon shall be produce along with the application and the other documents specified by the BOARD.
- The Secretary or the Officer authorized by him may on receipt of the application conduct an enquiry with regard to the eligibility of the applicant
- If the Secretary or the Officer authorized by him is satisfied that the person who has applied for financial assistance is entitled for such benefit he may sanction the amount.
- The Sanctioning Authority shall maintain a register for this purpose in Form No. XLI.
- A person aggrieved by any decision taken under sub-rule(3) my file an appeal before the BOARD within 60 days from the date of receipt of the order under the sub-rule and the decision of the BOARD thereon shall be final.
How To Apply:
Download Death Benefit (149 kb)
Documents to be attached
- Death Certificate
- Challan/Receipt of the Monthly Subscription paid
- Nominee's Proof may be Voter ID, Licence or others